Alteryx ANZ Support: 1800 759 668 | email@example.com
Alteryx Analytics provides analysts with an intuitive workflow for data blending and advanced analytics that leads to deeper insights in hours, not the weeks typical of traditional approaches
What does Alteryx look like?
Alteryx has many toolboxes which contain tools which you drag and drop on the canvas to clean and blend data and perform sophisticates predictive and spatial analyses. You connect the tools and fill in the properties to build a visual work flow. You can document the flow so others understand what you have done.
Below is a Tableau workbook which uses ABS census data that has been prepared in Alteryx in a similar way to the workflow above. It could equally be drilling from your Sales Regions to your Sub-Regions showing Sales Rep performance metrics or campaign outcomes or client metrics. Or it could be showing your Health Districts and performance KPIs.
Who is Alteryx for?
Alteryx is for anyone who needs to manipulate data quickly and efficiently, perform predictive and spatial analysis, and share the results with others:
- Business users such as business analysts, data analysts, business Intelligence experts using tools such as Excel, Access, visualisation and Business Intelligence tools
- Predictive and spatial analysts including statisticians, data miners, data scientists & GIS specialists using statistical tools such as SAS or SPSS or spatial tools like ESRI or MapInfo
- IT professionals including developers, database administrators, data warehousing & business Intelligence experts using ETL tools and various development environments
What is Alteryx?
The Alteryx product suite includes Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Server.
Alteryx Designer allows you to connect to all kinds of data, clean, restructure and integrate it, enrich it with other data, perform predictive and spatial analytics and share with others.
Click here to find out more
Alteryx Server allows you to schedule your workflows to run automatically (whether that’s every few minutes or once a year), share your reports and workflows with business users and field staff via a web browser on any device; and handle large or complex data and/or analytic loads.
Click here to find out more
Where does Alteryx fit in?
Alteryx fits in wherever you have data that you want to work with and you know what you want to do but your current tool or multiple tools make it either time consuming or impossible
- At the very beginning of your data work – accessing data in many diverse locations, models and formats that you have difficulty accessing or cannot access with old-fashioned tools
- During data preparation – use drag and drop to parse, fuzzy match, clean, pivot, join instead of spending ages in spreadsheets or writing code or in other less flexible tools (eg. preparing survey data for visualisation)
- During data enrichment – your data is important but only part of the picture, use Alteryx to enrich your data to provide context such as understand your client demographics and drive times around new potential sites
- During analytics – write models to predict churn or identify target customers, perform analyses to assist with site selection or optimise your sales representatives' drive time route to meet their objectives
- Share the results with others by publishing your work as Analytical Apps so others can perform self-service, or writing back to the File System or Data Warehouse (for downstream applications or visualisation)